What is a dental cleaning like?
Dental cleanings, also known as a prophylaxis, are at the core of your first appointment with Dr. Navkiran Dhillon and during subsequent checkups. Perhaps one of the most common treatments at a dentist’s office, dental cleanings are an important preventive and diagnostic tool. Generally performed by one of our dental hygienists, dental cleanings in Ware, Massachusetts are performed to:
- Clean, dry, and polish each tooth
- Check for signs of tooth decay or damage
- Examine any restorations for needed maintenance or repair
- Perform an oral cancer screening
- Check for signs of gum disease
- Take comprehensive dental X-rays
- Review your dental history
A dental cleaning is also a great time to ask questions and learn more about your smile. We will take the time to listen to you and give you the attention and care you deserve from your dentist. This is also the time when we will begin creating your personalized dental treatment plan. If you are due for a visit to the dentist, we invite you to schedule your appointment today by calling a member of our friendly dental team at Dhillon Family & Cosmetic Dentistry. We look forward to caring for your smile!