Dental Crowns – Ware, MA
Dental Crowns in Ware Can Restore Your Natural Teeth
Dental crowns (also known as caps) can be used to treat a wide variety of dental problems that affect a single tooth, including:
Dental crowns in Ware are known for their durability and longevity. Although they’re not permanent, they are capable of protecting and strengthening teeth while allowing for improved functionality. At Dhillon Family & Cosmetic Dentistry, we produce only the highest quality restorations available, making it possible for our patients who are suffering from broken and decayed teeth to enjoy their appearance once more. If you’re tired of feeling embarrassed by your smile and need help repairing your damaged pearly whites, call our office to schedule an appointment today.
What is a Dental Crown?
Dental crowns are customized restorations that are designed to fit over a damaged or decayed tooth. Offering maximum protection, they are bonded into place, allowing for improved function when eating, speaking, and smiling. Also known as caps, they can be used to treat a wide variety of dental problems that affect a single tooth, including:
- Repairing tooth decay that’s too significant to treat with a regular filling
- Rebuilding damaged portions of the tooth due to injury
- Preventing a weakened tooth from fracturing
- Anchoring a dental bridge in place
- Restoring a lost tooth that’s been replaced with an implant
- Covering a severe cosmetic imperfection, such as a misshapen dental structure
The Dental Crown Process
At our practice, we are proud to offer one-visit crowns thanks to CEREC technology. When you come to see us, we’ll first examine your mouth, and then we’ll take a comfortable digital impression using a high-resolution scanner. This impression will be given to advanced computer-aided design software, and you can watch us “build” your crown right in front of your eyes! This design will then be passed onto our in-house milling machine which will precisely carve the crown out of a solid block of dental porcelain. Then, Dr. Dhillon will make a few final adjustments before fitting the crown over your natural tooth.
In some cases, it may be best to have a crown fabricated the traditional way using a physical impression and a dental lab, and Dr. Dhillon will let you know if this is the best approach for your particular situation.
The Benefits of Getting a Dental Crown
When seeking treatment for your decayed tooth, there is a good reason your dentist will likely recommend a dental crown. For decades, people have turned to these restorations to achieve a fully restored smile, and for good reason! Some of the greatest benefits that come with dental crowns include:
- The ability to pursue a more youthful appearance
- Boosted confidence in the way you look and feel
- The ability to eat and speak with greater ease
- Improved oral health thanks to the durable restoration that is protecting your vulnerable tooth
- A restoration that can last 15 years or longer with proper care
- A crown that is easy to maintain
- A solution that can be created using CEREC technology, which allows for only a single appointment and faster results
All in all, if you need to have a tooth repaired, you can trust our practice to provide a strong, reliable, and beautiful restoration that will enable you to eat, speak, and smile with ease. To get started today, contact us to schedule an appointment.